TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Find answers to terms and conditions asked questions:
GENERAL COPYRIGHT AND OWNERSHIP RESPOND FITNESS?
- All of the content featured or displayed on the Web Site, including without limitation text, graphics, photographs, images, moving images, sound, and illustrations (“Content”), is owned by Respond Fitness, its licensors, vendors, agents and/or it is Content providers. All elements of the Web Site, including without limitation the general design and the Content, are protected by copyright, moral rights, and other laws relating to intellectual property rights. The Services and the Web Site may only be used for the intended purpose for which such Web Site and Services are being made available. Except as may be otherwise indicated in specific documents within the Web Site, you are authorized to view, play, print and download documents, audio and video found on our Web Site or on content created by Respond Fitness for personal, informational, and noncommercial purposes only. You may not modify any of the materials, and you may not copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer or sell any information or work contained on the Web Site or on content created by Respond Fitness. Except as authorized under the copyright laws, you are responsible for obtaining permission before reusing any copyrighted material that is available on the Web Site or on content created by Respond Fitness. For purposes of these Terms, the use of any such material on any other web site or networked computer environment is prohibited. You shall comply with all applicable domestic and international laws, statutes, ordinances, and regulations regarding your use of the Web Site and Services. The Web Site, its Content, and all related rights shall remain the exclusive property of Respond Fitness or its licensors unless otherwise expressly agreed. You will not remove any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notices from material found on these Web Site.
PRODUCTS, CONTENT, AND SPECIFICATIONS?
- All features, content, specifications, products, and prices of products and services described or depicted on this Web Site are subject to change at any time without notice. Certain weights, measures, and similar descriptions are approximate and are provided for convenience purposes only. We make all reasonable efforts to accurately display the attributes of our products, including the applicable colors; however, the actual color you see will depend on your computer system, and we cannot guarantee that your computer will accurately display such colors. The inclusion of any products or services on this Web Site at a particular time does not imply or warrant that these products or services will be available at any time. It is your responsibility to ascertain and obey all applicable local, state, federal and international laws (including minimum age requirements) in regard to the possession, use, and sale of any item purchased from this Web Site. By placing an order, you represent that the products ordered will be used only in a lawful manner. All video recordings and similar products sold are for private, home use (where no admission fee is charged), non-public performance and may not be duplicated.
- Content on this Web Site may include images of people playing sports and exercising. Please be aware that we are not familiar with your individual physical characteristics and health. Before you begin an exercise program, you should get a medical checkup. It is important that you warm-up and stretch before engaging in physical activity and that you use common sense while engaging in physical activity. If you experience any pain, feel weak, dizzy, or exhausted or become short of breath, immediately stop your workout. When you engage in physical activity, you assume all inherent risks.
- When an order is placed, it will be shipping to an address designated by the purchaser as long as that shipping address is compliant with the shipping restrictions contained on this Web Site. All purchases from this Web Site are made pursuant to a shipment contract. As a result, risk of loss and title for items purchased from this Web Site pass to you upon delivery of the items to the carrier. You are responsible for filing any claims with carriers for damaged and/or lost shipments.
ACCURACY OF INFORMATION?
- We attempt to ensure that information on this Web Site is complete, accurate, and current. Despite our efforts, the information on this Web Site may occasionally be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. Except as prohibited by applicable New Jersey law, we make no representation as to the completeness, accuracy, or currency of any information on this Web Site. For example, products included on this Web Site may be unavailable, may have different attributes than those listed, or may actually carry a different price than that stated on this Web Site. In addition, we may make changes in information about price and availability without notice. While it is our practice to confirm orders by email, the receipt of an email order confirmation does not constitute our acceptance of an order or our confirmation of an offer to sell a product or service. We reserve the right, without prior notice, to limit the order quantity on any product or service and/or to refuse service to any customer. We also may require verification of information prior to the acceptance and/or shipment of any order.
- From time to time, this Web Site may contain links to web sites that are not owned, operated, or controlled by Respond Fitness or its affiliates. All such links are provided solely as a convenience to you. If you use these links, you will leave this Web Site. Neither we nor any of our respective affiliates are responsible for any content, materials or other information located on or accessible from any other web site. Neither we nor any of our respective affiliates endorse, guarantee, or make any representations or warranties regarding any other web sites, or any content, materials or other information located or accessible from any other web sites, or the results that you may obtain from using any other web sites. If you decide to access any other web sites linked to or from this Web Site, you do so entirely at your own risk.
UNAUTHORIZED USE OF COMPUTER SYSTEM?
- You are prohibited from posting or sending any unlawful, threatening, defamatory, libelous, obscene, pornographic, or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense or give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law. Such violations may subject the sender and his or her agents to civil and criminal penalties. You further understand and agree that sending unsolicited email advertisements to any user of the Web Site or the Web Site or through Voice computer systems is expressly prohibited by these Terms. Any such unauthorized use of our computer systems is a violation of these Terms and applicable “anti-spam” laws. In addition to any remedies that we may have at law or in equity, if we determine, in our sole discretion, that you have violated or are likely to violate the foregoing prohibitions, we may take any action we deem necessary to cure or prevent the violation, including without limitation, the immediate removal of the related materials from this Web Site. We will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order or subpoena requesting or directing us to disclose the identity of anyone posting such materials.
- You are entirely responsible for the security and confidentiality of your password and account. Furthermore, you are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security of which you become aware. You are responsible for taking precautions and providing security measures best suited for your situation and intended use of the Services and Web Site.
- For all charges for any products and services sold on the Web Site, Respond Fitness will bill your credit card or alternative payment method offered by Respond Fitness. In the event legal action is necessary to collect on balances due, you agree to reimburse Respond Fitness for all expenses incurred to recover sums due, including attorneys' fees and other legal expenses. You are responsible for purchase of, and payment of charges for, all Internet access services and telecommunications services needed for the use of this Web Site.
- You or we may suspend or terminate your account or your use of this Web Site at any time, for any reason or for no reason. You are personally liable for any orders placed or charges incurred through your account prior to termination. We may also block your access to our Web Site in the event that (a) you breach these Terms of Service; (b) we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us; or (c) we believe that your actions may cause financial loss or legal liability for you, our users or us.
COMMUNITY STANDARDS AND CONDUCT GUIDELINES?
- You acknowledge that all Content posted, emailed, or otherwise transmitted to or on this Website, whether posted at our request or voluntarily, and whether publicly posted or privately transmitted (collectively, the “Postings”), are the sole responsibility of the person who made such Postings. This means that you are entirely responsible for all Postings that you post, email, or otherwise transmit to the Service. We do not control the Postings posted, emailed or otherwise transmitted on our Website by others and, as such, we do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of such Postings. Although we have adopted community standards and conduct guidelines for the users of our Service (as described below), you understand that by using the Service, you may be exposed to Postings that are offensive or objectionable. Under no circumstances will we be liable in any way for any Postings (other than for Content developed by us), including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any Postings, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Postings posted, emailed or otherwise transmitted to or through the Service.
- You agree not to use the Service (including any Community Areas) to:
- Upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Postings or other materials that are unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable (in our sole discretion);
- Harm minors in any way, or solicit or otherwise attempt to gain any information from a minor;
- Impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to any user of the Service, a director, officer, employee, shareholder, agent or representative of Respond Fitness, our affiliates or any other person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with Respond Fitness, or our affiliates or any other person or entity;
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Postings or other materials transmitted to or through the Service;
- Upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Postings or other materials that are not your own, or that you do not have a right to upload, post, email or otherwise transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as insider information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- Upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Postings or other materials that infringe upon any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of privacy or publicity or other proprietary rights of any party;
- Upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of commercial solicitation;
- Upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Postings or other materials that contain software viruses, or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- Disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to “scroll” faster than other users of a Community Area (or other portion of the Service) are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects or otherwise diminishes the quality of another user’s experience of the Service;
- Interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Website, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service;
- Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including, but not limited to, any regulations having the force of law;
- “Stalk,” “Cyberstalk” or otherwise harass another user, employee of the Service or Respond Fitness;
- Solicit, collect or post personal data or attempt to solicit, collect or post personal data about other users of the Service, including user names or passwords; or access or attempt to access another user’s account without his or her consent.
- Your privilege to use the Service (including the Community Areas) and contribute to discussions on the Community Areas depends on your compliance with the community standards and conduct guidelines set forth above. We may revoke your privileges to use all or a portion of the Service and/or take any other appropriate measures to enforce these community standards and conduct guidelines if violations are brought to our attention. Further, if you fail to adhere to our community standards and conduct guidelines, or any of these Terms & Conditions, we may terminate, in our sole discretion, your use of, or participation in, any Community Area.
WEB SITE DISPUTES?
- “Web Site Disputes” include: (a) any claim you may have against Respond Fitness in connection with the Site, (b) any claim Respond Fitness may have against you in connection with the Site, and (c) any action to enforce the Terms and Conditions or to object to the Terms and Conditions.
- All other disputes are Non-Web Site Disputes. Any claim arising from your purchase of a Respond Fitness product or service is a Non-Web Site Dispute. Any claim arising from the content of any offer or advertisement on the Site is a Non-Web Site Dispute.
USER GENERATED CONTENT – INFORMATION CONTROL?
- All opinions, remarks, comments, artwork, graphics, photographs, links, questions, suggestions, information, videos and other materials that you or other users of the Web Site post to the Web Site or transmit using the Web Site (“User Generated Content”) do not represent the views of Respond Fitness or any individual associated with Respond Fitness, and we do not control this User Generated Content. In no event shall you represent or suggest, directly or indirectly, Respond Fitness endorsement of User Generated Content. Respond Fitness does not vouch for the accuracy or credibility of any User Generated Content on our Web Site and does not take any responsibility or assume any liability for any actions you may take as a result of reading User Generated Content on our Web Site. Through your use of the Web Site and Services, you may be exposed to User-Generated Content that you may find offensive, objectionable, harmful, inaccurate, or deceptive. There may also be risks of dealing with underage persons, people acting under false pretense, international trade issues, and foreign nationals. By using our Web Site, you assume all associated risks.
USER GENERATED CONTENT – YOUR LICENSE TO USE?
- User-Generated Content remains the intellectual property of the individual user. By posting User Generated Content on our Web Site, you grant Respond Fitness a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, fully sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such User Generated Content throughout the world in any media, whether now known or hereafter discovered. In addition, you warrant that all so-called "moral rights" in those materials have been waived.
ACCESS AND INTERFERENCE?
- You agree that you will not use any robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means to access the Web Site for any purpose without our express written permission. Additionally, you agree that you will not: (i) take any action that imposes, or may impose in our sole discretion an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; (ii) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Web Site or any activities conducted on the Web Site, or (iii) bypass any measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Web Site.
- Neither Respond Fitness, nor you shall be responsible for damages or for delays or failures in performance resulting from acts or occurrences beyond their reasonable control, including, without limitation: fire, lightning, explosion, power surge or failure, water, acts of God, war, revolution, civil commotion or acts of civil or military authorities or public enemies: any law, order, regulation, ordinance, or requirement of any government or legal body or any representative of any such government or legal body; or labor unrest, including without limitation, strikes, slowdowns, picketing, or boycotts; inability to secure raw materials, transportation facilities, fuel or energy shortages, or acts or omissions of other common carriers.
- Except as prohibited by applicable New Jersey law, the information, materials, and services provided on or through this Web Site are provided “as is” without any warranties of any kind including warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property. Except as prohibited by applicable New Jersey law, neither Respond Fitness, nor any of its respective affiliates (i) warrants the accuracy or completeness of the information, materials or services provided on or through the Web Site or (ii) makes any commitments or assumes any duty to update such information, materials or services.
- Neither Respond Fitness, nor any of its respective affiliates, warrants that the functions contained in this Web Site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the server that makes the content available will be free of viruses or other harmful components.
- Except as prohibited by applicable New Jersey law, we hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including any implied warranties with respect to the products and services listed or purchased on or through this Web Site. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, we hereby expressly disclaim all liability for product defect or failure, claims that are due to normal wear, product misuse, abuse, product modification, improper product selection, non-compliance with any codes, or misappropriation, except as prohibited by applicable New Jersey law. We make no warranties to those defined as “consumers” in the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY?
- Your use of the Web Site is at your own risk. You agree that our sole obligation to you is to provide the Web Site “as is.” Except as prohibited by applicable New Jersey law, neither Respond Fitness nor any of its employees, officers, directors nor any of its agents or any other party involved in creating, producing or delivering the Web Site shall be liable to you or to any third party for your use of, or the inability to use, the Web Site and it's Content except in cases of (a) gross negligence, recklessness, or an act of knowing or intentional, willful misconduct; or (b) a violation of a consumer protection statute in connection with the Web Site.
- Except as prohibited by applicable New Jersey law, in no event will Respond Fitness or any of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, affiliates, agents, successors or assigns, nor any party involved in the creation, production or transmission of this web site, be liable to you or anyone else for any indirect, special, punitive, incidental or consequential damages (including, without limitation, those resulting from lost profits, lost data or business interruption) arising out of the use, inability to use, or the results of use of the Web Site, any web sites linked to this Web Site, and its Content, whether based on warranty, contract, tort or any other legal theory and whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages. Please refer to your local laws for any such prohibitions. NEW JERSEY RESIDENTS: With respect to these Terms, the provision concerning the exclusion or limitation of certain damages is not applicable in New Jersey with respect to statutory damages, punitive damages, loss of data, and loss of or damage to property. Please refer to Section 16 below.
- In the event of any problem with this Web Site or any Content, you agree that your sole remedy is to cease using this Web Site. In the event of any problem with the products or services that you have purchased on or through this Web Site, you agree that your sole remedy, if any, is from the manufacturer of such products or supplier of such services, in accordance with such manufacturer's or supplier's warranty, or to seek a return and refund for such product or services in accordance with the returns and refunds policies posted on this Web Site. Except as prohibited by applicable New Jersey law, in no event shall Respond Fitness’ total liability to you for all damages, losses, and causes of action whether in contract, tort (including, but not limited to, negligence), or otherwise exceed the greater of (a) fifty dollars ($50.00) or (b) the value of your purchase on the Web Site.
LEGAL NOTICE TO NEW JERSEY RESIDENTS?
- No provision in these Terms shall apply to any consumer in New Jersey if the provision limits redress for/under: (i) Respond Fitness’ tortious actions (e.g., negligence, failure to exercise a basic standard of care, failure to avoid creating an unreasonable risk of harm); (ii) the New Jersey Products Liability Act, N.J.S.A. 2A:58C-1, et seq. (i.e., the statutorily imposed duty to refrain from manufacturing and selling dangerous products, with the possibility of punitive damages for violations thereof); (iii) the New Jersey Punitive Damages Act, N.J.S.A. 2A:15-5.9, et seq. (i.e., the statutory right to pursue punitive damages in the event of harm caused by actual malice, wanton and willful disregard, reckless indifference); (iv) the New Jersey Uniform Commercial Code (i.e., a comprehensive statutory regime governing the rights and duties of buyers and sellers with respect to contracts for the sale of goods, with the possibility of damages for economic and property harm); and (v) Respond Fitness’ failure to reasonably protect against harm arising from certain criminal acts of third parties (e.g., computer hacking and identity theft, as regulated by the Federal Trade Commission and the Federal Communications Commission, and as governed by the New Jersey Identity Theft Protection Act, N.J.S.A.56:8-161, et seq., and the New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act, N.J.S.A. 56:8-3, et seq.). With respect to these Terms, the provision concerning the exclusion or limitation of certain damages is not applicable in New Jersey with respect to statutory damages, punitive damages, loss of data, and loss of or damage to property.
- Except as prohibited by applicable New Jersey law, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold Respond Fitness and any affiliated company or individual harmless from any and all liabilities, costs, and expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees, related to any violation of these Terms by you or your authorized users, or in connection with the use of the Web Site or the Internet or your purchases or the placement or transmission of any message or information on this Web Site by you or your authorized users or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
- In the event that you have a dispute with one or more other users of the Web Site, you release Respond Fitness (and its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures, and employees) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
WEB SITE DISPUTE RESOLUTION – ARBITRATION JURY TRIAL WAIVER AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER?
- Neither you nor we will be able to sue in court in connection with a Web Site Dispute. All Web Site Disputes must be resolved through individual (non-class) arbitration. You indicate your acceptance to these Terms and Conditions, including this agreement to arbitrate, by continuing to use the Site after having the opportunity to review these Terms and Conditions.
- You and Respond Fitness intend for this to be an agreement for arbitration that can be enforced under the Federal Arbitration Act (FAA), 9 U.S.C.A. §§ 1–16.
- You and Respond Fitness waive any rights to maintain other available resolution processes for Web Site Disputes, such as a court action or administrative proceeding, to settle disputes. You and Respond Fitness waive any right to a jury trial for Web Site Disputes.
- Instead of suing in court, we each agree to settle Web Site Disputes only by arbitration. The rules in arbitration are different. There’s no judge or jury, and review is limited, but an arbitrator can award the same damages and relief and must honor the same limitations stated in the agreement as a court would.
- Any Web Site Dispute shall be determined by arbitration in Oregon before one arbitrator(s). The arbitration shall be administered by JAMS pursuant to JAMS’ Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures, available at http://www.jamsadr.com/rules-streamlined-arbitration/. Judgment on the award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. This clause shall not preclude parties from seeking provisional remedies in aid of arbitration from a court of appropriate jurisdiction. If, for any reason, JAMS cannot or will not provide this arbitration, the parties may ask any court of competent jurisdiction to select an arbitrator from a list provided by the parties.
- To the extent, a party commences any action with includes both Web Site Disputes and Non-Web Site Disputes, consideration of the Non-Web Site Disputes shall be stayed until the Web Site Disputes are fully arbitrated. Then, any Non-Web Site Disputes will be considered by any court of competent jurisdiction.
- You agree that you will not file a class action against Respond Fitness and its affiliated companies or participate in a class action against Respond Fitness and its affiliated companies in any Web Site Dispute. You agree that you will not file or seek a class arbitration or participate in a class arbitration against Respond Fitness and its affiliated companies in any Web Site Dispute.
ENTIRE AGREEMENT AND COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARKS NOTICE?
- The Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the user and Respond Fitness and supersedes any prior understandings or agreements (written or oral). If you do not understand any of the foregoing Terms or if you have any questions or comments, we invite you to contact our Customer Service Department by email.
COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARKS NOTICE?
- All Site design, graphics, text selections, arrangements, and all software are Copyright© 2020 Respond Fitness, L.L.C..
- All trademarks, service marks and trade names of Respond Fitness used herein (including but not limited to: the Respond Fitness name, the Respond Fitness corporate logo, the Respond Fitness trefoil Design, and the Three Stripe logo) (collectively “Marks”) are trademarks or registered trademarks of the Respond Fitness Group, or its affiliates, partners, vendors or licensors. You may not use, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, distribute, or modify Respond Fitness trademarks in any way, including in advertising or publicity pertaining to distribution of materials on this site without Respond Fitness' prior written consent. The use of Respond Fitness trademarks on any other web site or network computer environment is not allowed. This protects you, too. When you see the Respond Fitness marks, you can be sure of our quality and performance. Respond Fitness prohibits the use of Respond Fitness trademarks as a “hot” link on or to any other web site unless establishment of such a link is approved in advance.